3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft, aluminum foil backing and coated with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing, and de-paint operations.
- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Its chemical resistant nature ensures surfaces are protected during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to weathering, moisture, and UV Rays
- Heat-resistant and light-reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
Consisting of a dead soft, thermally conductive aluminum backing, Aluminum Foil Tape 425 dissipates heat over the surface of the tape to reduce hot spots and protect the substrate from the effects of high temperatures. Coated with highly engineered acrylic adhesive, it is capable of withstanding exposure to high heat (up to 300 °F/149 °C) and humidity while maintaining a strong and reliable bond. This tape can withstand a variety of moisture, weathering, UV, and solvents in order to provide an excellent work life, indoors or out.